As a start to my new healthy-living mantra, I am implementing a rule. A rule which I have stolen from my friend Julie, who stole the rul from a movie (Parental Guidance…I think).
For every downer, I own myself three uppers. Three compliments about myself or things that I am thankful for in my life.
This means that every time I put myself down, I have to come up with three things that will lift me back up. And after yesterday’s post, I owe myself quite a few uppers…specifically thirty. I owe myself thirty “uppers”. So, here we go…
1. I am smart. I am currently teaching myself through study guides so that I can get my teaching certification.
2. I can cook a perfect pancake. It has taken a lot of tries, but it’s perfection.
3. My hair color is awesome. Just, awesome.
4. I am a great educator. This is validated. I get told at least weekly that I am wonderful with the kids that I work with.
5. I have the ability to run. I may be slow and it may not be far, but I have the ability to run.
6. I am witty.
7. I have a family that does everything in its power to provide happiness for me.
8. I am able-bodied enough to do yoga, on a daily basis if I want, and I am more relaxed because of this.
9. I can grow my own herbs (hopefully!).
10. I have friends that are supportive, even when they are not sure what’s going on with me.
11. I live less than three hours away from both Florida coasts… I’m surrounded by beach.
12. I get to go to SeaWorld for FREE on Friday.
13. One of my students told me I was skinny. In a middle school environment, that means everything.
14. I am trusted enough that people come to me for advice.
15. I understand nutrition enough that people come to me for advice.
16. I am making daily decisions that are creating a healthier life for me.
17. I can bake/cook healthy and not-so-healthy treats.
18. I have stuck to my 85% vegetarian goal for almost a month.
19. I am feeling more and more committed to yoga every day.
20. I came to work today instead of faking sick and sleeping all day.
21. I overcame my emotions yesterday without the use of self-injury or horror movies.
22. I will complete the first concept of study for my PreK test today before the end of school.
23. My nephew can make me laugh, even on my worst days.
24. I got four races for the price of one this summer. Through this, I can improve on my 5k time throughout the summer.
25. I found a mud race that I can do for free through volunteering.
26. I can sing…well.
27. The Fast ForWord lady was impressed with how involved I am in the program, and offered to be a reference when I start looking for a teaching job.
28. I have stuck to my goal of not chewing gum… this is a HUGE accomplishment, since I used to rely on gum to curb cravings.
29. I can read music, something I consider to be a lost art.
30. School is out in 23 Days, and I’m only working 16 of those days.